Unilever South Africa

Profile subscribers click here for full profile

Unilever has reigned for several years as South Africa's foremost packaged goods company, as well as one of the country's leading advertisers, with an average spend in excess of ZAR 1.5bn. Until recently Unilever operated through two local units, Unilever South Africa Home & Personal Care (HPC), and Unilever South Africa Foods. The latter was originally a joint venture with the investment company of South Africa's Rupert family (who also control luxury goods giant Richemont). The two businesses were merged during 2007 into a single entity in which Unilever had a 74% holding, while the Rupert family's Remgro controlled the remaining 26%. In 2017, the partners agreed to end that arrangement with the transfer to Remgo of Unilever's South African margarine business.

Selected Unilever South Africa advertising

 

Which agencies handle advertising for Unilever SA? Find out more from Adbrands Account Assignments

Who are the competitors of Unilever SA? See South Africa Index for other companies

Subscribers only: Adbrands profile Account assignments and selected contact information

Adbrands Company Profiles provide a detailed analysis of the history and current operations of leading advertisers, agencies and brands worldwide, and include a critical summary which identifies key strengths and weaknesses. Adbrands Account Assignments tracks account management for the world's leading brands and companies, including details of which advertising agency handles which accounts in which countries for major markets.


Recent stories from Adbrands Weekly Update:

Adbrands Weekly Update 28th Sep 2017: Unilever took the first steps towards the sell-off of its margarine and spreads division, while also resolving the shared ownership of its South African subsidiary. Unilever South Africa is currently minority-owned by Remgro, the investment vehicle of Johann Rupert, also chairman of luxury group Richemont. Under a new deal, Remgro will surrender its near-26% stake in the local Unilever entity in return for the company's South African margarine portfolio plus around £275m in cash. The deal values the local spreads business at around £390m.

Adbrands Weekly Update 23rd Apr 2015: Ads Of The Week "I Love What You're Wearing". We love this funky spot from BBH London and prodco Blink for Unilever's Skip detergent in South Africa. The film itself is great, but you should also try the interactive version over at SkipSouthAfrica. This isn't digital trickery: the dancers did the identical routine nine times in different outfits, so the full interactive version allows you to change their clothes as often as you want. Hey, go easy on the bra and pants version, ok guys? There's also a really good Behind The Scenes explaining how it was done, there or on our Facebook page.

Profile subscribers click here for full profile

Subscribers may access the following website links here:

Unilever South Africa website

Parent

Unilever

Brands

Knorr Skip
Flora Comfort
Robertsons Vaseline
Omo Pond's

Subscribe to Adbrands.net and access the profile and website links


All rights reserved © Mind Advertising Ltd 1998-2017